View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #10
ray_mcavoy

Re: double-pinning a sealed terminal?

Like I said earlier, I'm not as familiar with the GT series as I am with some of the other connectors in the Packard/Delphi/Aptiv line so I'm just going off what I can find in the catalogs & other documentation.

Attached is a clip from the old Delphi catalog that shows the cross sectional view of the sealed GT280 connectors. From this, it appears as though the "Primary Lock Reinforcement" ensures that the plastic tangs holding the terminals in place can't be sprung back to release them. I don't see anything else on these illustrations that resembles or functions as a TPA.

Edit: I just noticed your edit and checked out the listings in the Aptive assembly manual you linked to. And I did see in there where it says the TPA is optional and must be ordered separately. Maybe that was something that wasn't available on some of the early GT280 connectors and was added later.

I also saw in there where they list part number 15436197 as the TPA for the 3-position connector. Searching for that on Mouser does bring up a listing but unfortunately says it's a non-stocked item.
Attached Images

Last edited by ray_mcavoy; 09-19-2020 at 09:12 PM.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote