View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:38 PM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Forest Service Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
One thing about them old forest rigs or county or state ones ,,,,,,,,is if you need a radio delete ,,pretty sure they will have it .
That once was true, but they get the standard radio anymore. But one thing about these municipal vehicles is they are fleet maintained on a schedule. They may be low option and driven by employees who might be careless with scratches and dings but they are great vehicles to buy and drive. They also don't rack up big miles due to local driving only.

First I bought a '91 diesel Suburban that was a former WSSC (Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission) vehicle. They do the water and sewer for Washington, DC and immediate suburbs. I ran that thing a long time. Then a bought a, '85 Jimmy that was ordered by a county park service for a ranger vehicle. They didn't take this one and a local guy got it. He was a farmer and didn't drive it much, only local. It was base trim but also a diesel, so carpet and soundproofing, as well as power windows. Not door locks, just windows. The ranger needs to let the passenger side window down from his seat so he can talk to people. That one was a great vehicle, too. and now I drive a '95 K2500 Suburban that was a sheriff dept K-9 search & rescue unit. 20 years old with 120k on it. Been driving that one for 7 years now

I found this one in my folders
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-30-2021 at 08:56 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote