Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #1729
Possmguts

Re: Make it handle

Just getting started on a build on my 67 short fleet side. Im trying to save some cash here and there and make some stuff work rather than sell one of the kids to just buy stuff made for the job. If I do what I describe here I can save over 1000 bucks for other goodies.

I met a guy last year that takes c4 Corvette front and rear suspension sets and installs them on older trucks. His work looks real nice and some of the trucks are used as auto cross trucks.

What I would like to do is buy a 95 C4 front end with the 13"x 1" rotors. This set up is 63.25" hub face to hub face. Do these measurements sound like I will be able to put a pretty wide wheels and tire up front with no worries about rubbing? I believe a 17" wheel would be minimum for the rotors.

Im sure this will lighten the front end up a pretty good deal as it consists of the cross member and R&P steering and aluminum A arms.

As far as ride height goes the entire set up can be positioned for what ever I want before being welded in. If what i want is to have about a 2" rake from front to back would the set up have to be angled for that rake to get the correct geometry for steer-ability?

This is a weld in deal and I really want to be sure its done right if you know what I mean.

Heres a pic of the set up.... any suggestions? Thanks
Attached Images

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote