View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
glimmertwin01

Re: 1968 K1500 V6 Farmer Green

Fast forward to late March 2013... after a long winters nap. I spent a day with the old girl... checked all fluids (check) and proceeded to replace the coil, points (set to .017), condenser, Cap, rotor and wires. plugs appeared fine.
Put a battery in her cranker her for 2-3 min with ignition disconnected to get oil in her at low rpms..... connected the ignition, gave her a splash of fresh gas and hooked her to a small can of fresh fuel. set the choke, turned the key.... She roared to life first turn....

she clattered a bit, smokedn shook, after a min or 2 she settled down and ran decent.... ( ive seen videos of 305s running on Utube) she sounded and ran fine....
we then replaced the hood with a red 68 chevy hood. the original one was shot and the passenger side holes for the hinge had long since rotted away.

I had to tug on the core support to get the hood to close right. At some point, the truck had a front end hit on the drivers side which punched the eyebrow in and they did a **** job of fixing it. and the core got pushed in .

so I was curious to see if she moved.... dropped it in Lo and she moved. Mind you there are no brakes, but the drums offered resistance ...
I drove it around the yard a little and parked her in a new spot.
Attached Images

74 K/5
74 K20 Custom Deluxe
86 K10 Shorty
92 K2500 Burb
95 K2500 GMC

Life is what you make it Live each day like it was your last
Old GM Trucks never go out of style
glimmertwin01 is offline   Reply With Quote