View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #33
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Overall the weekend was good, however I only had a few hours Saturday in the shop to work on GoldMember, but is was pretty fast paced..

Started by grinding off the rivets and hammering out the old cross member from the 3 spd trans, no pics as it was just an oil soaked lump...

Then it was on to remove the steering column and getting a closer look at the firewall. The area behind the old master cylinder was a bit rough, so I decided to scuff it down and prep it for paint.

Before:After

Since I am going from 3 spd. to an automatic, I also removed the pedal assembly and broke it down for a conversion to single pedal.

Any of you notice the extra hole in the brake pedal arm? Any guesses what that's for?

Next up was to move over to the heater box area and assess the rust in the fan hole perimeter.

Beforeuring:After

ran out of time, need to grind, check for pinholes, bodywork, prime and then get the firewall painted in these areas. Hope to match the existing, but if not then I'll do the whole thing.

Almost forgot, I always hated the fact that some trim pieces were missing, I had a couple of extra side mouldings and worked on creating the missing pieces from them.

will keep on it this week... Thanks for watching...

Last edited by Twisted78SS; 08-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote