View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #46
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Long weekend of driving, (dropped my daughter off at college) was about 700 miles round trip, then work got in the way as soon as I returned, so no shop time till last night.
I spent most of my time on the tedious stuff, cleaning and painting a bunch of brackets and prepping the power steering box.. I did manage to dig out the rear axle and test fit the disc brakes.. I originally rebuilt this for my sons 68, but since he is headed down the LS path, he snagged my bulletproof custom Dana 60 for his..
I had this together once before, and it still look like this.

I also put the last skim coat on the patch around the heater box, will see if I can finish that tonight and paint the firewall...
Mocked in the front sway bar as I was trying to decide if I need dropped front brackets or not.. I think it might be a good idea, so off come a few more rivets tonight. Last step for the night was adding upper shock re-locators, but I forgot to take pics of them.. They are from POL (Performance Online)

Got a much anticipated pair of boxes in the mail too, ....
I am diving into this one head first, as I ordered a FiTech fuel system..
As they are fairly new just launching their products, you have may not heard of them. Its a bunch of engineers who have been making fuel injection components/systems for the OEM, branching out and trying to help out the aftermarket guys like us.
Here is their site http://fitechefi.com/ and some videos that show the product..
I will do my best to create a video of the installation from start to finish when the time comes..
I got the Go EFI 4
and the Fuel Command Center

Can't wait to get to this point!!
of course, lots to do yet...
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote