View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #28
Greenlee

Re: Big Tex's 83 Chevy 2wd to 4wd Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
Greenlee - Thanks! Did you get your exhaust done? How did the "open headers" trip go? I did that when I went from the 6.2 to the 350. I happened to pass an elementary school that had just let out, and people were breaking their necks to see what in the world was coming down the street. he-he, still makes me laugh....

Zane - That's ok. some days are just like that I guess.

Trout - Good luck on your '78. Do you have a thread started?
Big Tex,
I took mine to the exhaust shop yesterday. I had to go about 8 miles. I passed one cop shooting radar, but I just let off the gas and coasted on by so as not to draw attention to myself. I have no inspection sticker, but I got it registered and all the basic stuff like lights and windshield wipers working. Other than white knuckling it past the po-po I didn't have any drama. I had my 10 year old son with me and a friend following in my Nissan Titan with a tow strap and tools in case of a break down.

I ended up leaving her at the exhaust shop. I told them I want it pretty quiet and they recommended Magnaflows. However, they only had Flowmasrers in stock, which would be loud as hell. When I get it back I will post some pics.

Your truck looks great with the lift and tires! I am tempted to do that to mine. Those tires do look bigger than 35 with the little guy standing there!
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote