View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #119
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Hi Cameo, thanks for the input. Yes I am working on the roll bar frame 'pads' as we speak. That is my next step in this cab fitment process.

I have designed and cut out some templates for the rear hoop mounting so far. They will be made from 3/8" steel plate approximately 6" x 9" that will get welded completely around the front and rear body-bolt frame mounting plates. This will then be gusseted to the side of the frame rail. Then a 1/4" steel standoff plate matching the hoop foot will be welded to that. The roll bar feet will be welded to the cab floor but will have mounting bolts to these frame pads through the floor so the cab can still be removed. There will be a cross bar and Z bar welded between the rear hoop for shoulder harness mounts.

The front feet will integrate with the down legs right in front of the forward part of the door. Once the side hoops are in, the front feet will mount the same as the rear. Then weld in a cross bar under the dash for a full 4-point bar. I think I'll play with integrating the under dash bar into the dash to make the underside edge look more 'finished' too.

Have a few other ideas for cross bracing to front and rear but will play with that more after the main cage is in. I dont want the roll bar to be obtrusive anywhere on the truck but still do its job.

Last edited by ptc; 12-23-2015 at 05:49 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote