View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #81
Coach529

Re: 1949 Chevy 3600 into a daily driver

OK......a little more progress.

Behind and under the seat scrubbed, etched and painted with KBS coatings, satin black. The stuff seems pretty easy to use. Not to foul of a odor even in a small area. Prep was the toughest part. 62 years of dirt and some surface rust is what I started with.

A wire wheel on a grinder would have been quicker.......but would have made a hell of a dusty mess in the garage. Decided to use a really stiff bristle brush and some hoat soapy water, rinse and repeat until clean. A wet dry vac was used for clean up.

While I was at it the back wall and doors were scrubbed since I have decided to leave the inside the way it is. My wife and I went back and forth on whether or not to paint the interior........we decided the current paint/ wear/ rust combination was too cool to cover up. Patina Rules!!

Before I scrubbed the doors the weather stripping was pulled and a wire wheeled the glue away. All ready for new stuff.

Next on the agenda was the Mouse Toilet. I needed to strip the seat cover off the lower seat. Yuck!! 30+ years of heavy mouse activity was tough on it!!

Proper PPE was used.

After a little cutting and swearing the cover was stripped and disposed of properly. Ready for my homemade mexican blanket seat cover!!

Next step the heater hoses were installed.

Done for another day!!

"Adventures of Henry"

http://smu.gs/QOlhWY
Coach529 is offline   Reply With Quote