Thread: Flip Omega
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: Flip Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Thanks for all the reply's. A bit surprised by the interest. I'm trying to decide a couple of things

1) attempt my 1st T350 rebuild or shell out 500. and be done with it.
I want to do it myself but really I have way too many projects as is.

2) figure out what direction I should take with it.

a) make it a runner, polish and flip?
b) add the 455 and make a sleeper/beater (cheap racer)
c) add the 455 and add hood scoop, maybe stripes for a muscle car look.
(expensive racer)

Leaning away from the flip idea, even if it is the most sensible idea.
Not really a sensible hobby we have here is it?
I vote option "b". That's what I would do of the choices you list, love the sleeper idea. I don't know if you are interested in any opinions or not (or where you stand on your other projects either), but if it were mine here is what I would do: Clean the whole car up as best as possible, get the interior as fresh and new as possible, get that Olds 350 running good with some mild aftermarket "speed" parts, freshen up that transmission....and then just have a blast driving the hell out of it. But that's just me.

If you're serious about putting in a 455, you might want to hold off on rebuilding that th350. While they are great transmissions, they normally won't be able to hold up to the abuse it seems you want to put them through. The rebuild is simple enough (I did the th350 in my Camaro almost 12 years ago and have had zero issues with it), but you may want to consider investing that time and money into a good th400. Just my .02 though....
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote