View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #20
WorkinLonghorn

Re: 1967 GMC V6 - 351E on a Camper Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sage View Post
I live in Taos, New Mexico where a lot of the local Hispanics love the old trucks. When I've driven through town in the Cruiser, heads turn to hear the big cylinders of the V6 thumping! Yeah . . . water truck. But I would like to actually be able to go camping in the Camper Queen!
Yeah I get that here all the time even with my 350 v8. Young guys come up, with that look in their eyes of wonder and respect and always ask "What year is it?" Sesenta y nueve Then they just stand there staring at it, drooling almost, and my truck is NOTHING to look at!

I tried the camping in my original camper that came with the truck when I bought it in '97 but the little woman didn't go for it at all. Shame really. Ended up selling it to a neighbor and putting my truck to a life of hard labor.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote