View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #14
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

When my wife would ride with me in the truck she would often complain of a gas smell, it got to the point she didn’t like to take the truck anywhere. I thought it was a cracked vent hose or something like that. When I searched for the cause, I found a spot on the bottom of the fuel tank with a rusty hole, and a old repair made years ago with epoxy or fiberglass resin, it was leaking. Since I needed a new tank anyway, I decided to relocate the tank to the rear of the truck. On a Black Friday deal I purchased a Boyd tank.
Pics show nuts welded to the bottom frame rail, flanges on the Boyd tank allow it to be bolted to the bottom of the frame. This will allow the tank to be dropped more easily in the future to install a in tank pump for fuel injection.
Another pic shows the tank mocked up, I used a piece of rubber between the flange on the tank and the bottom of the frame.
Attached Images