View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 11:13 PM   #3
71C10Guy

Re: Need guidance on 700r4 swapped transmission issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Go to a local reputable transmission shop and let them sort it out, could be simple or not so simple. Just my .02 worth.
With all due respect and no offense intended, that really didn't help. It's a second vehicle so I'm not relying on getting the truck done asap. I also won't learn anything by taking into a shop and having them do it. Rebuilding a whole auto scares me, but I feel like (if it's possible or worth it) I could take a crack at rebuilding a pump. Worse case the truck sits for another couple weeks while I put a new pump in.
I work at a shop and have access to lifts and hydraulic transmission jacks on weekends. I have also already cleared time with my manager to do the job. This also isn't the first transmission I've dropped, replaced, or done fluid changes on. I'm just new to actually working on the internals so I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction as to working on the pump and things to look out for, even if it's "you can't rebuild it or it's a waste of time".

Whether it's putting a new pump in or rebuilding the old one, I'd like to do the work myself so I can learn and gain more experience in my field. I do not want to pay for someone else to do a relatively simple job and learn nothing.

Regardless thank you for taking the time to reply and again, I mean no offense, I just wanted to clarify my position.
71C10Guy is offline   Reply With Quote