View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #24
LEEVON

Re: How did you find your truck? Or did it find you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skihor View Post
I was building a 1928 Hupmobile coupe. '87 4 bolt 350/700R4 Ford 9" 4 link front and rear. It was a project with my son. He lost interest because he didn't think it was "cool" enough. The guy that bought the Hup was a big block guy so I have the engine & trans. I type "chevy" into Craigslist and start cruising for a suitable body. I came across a '49 panel.It had a fresh, (never had oil in it even), 235. It had been outside for 1 year. Prior to that it was in inside, heated storage FOR 42 YEARS. Zero rust. the running boards don't have so much as a wrinkle. The body was ready for paint, but the year outside wasn't kind to all of the glazing putty. I bought it for $2000. I sold the 235 and trans for a quick $1500. I put a M11 front end in and new rear leafs under an Explorer rear end. 4 wheel disc. brakes So far $14K invested. All the best parts. Still need to install the wiring, fab the exhaust and a fuel tank. 2 years and counting.
Welcome to the forum. Let's see this bad boy!!!