View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #1491
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

My old truck may see fewer miles after this last weekend.

The wife sold her Cadillac last week so we could get her a Camaro. We started out just shopping for a basic car on the cheaper end. She said she didn't care if it was a V8 or 6 or a coupe or convertible. And if it's her car I'm not going to argue. Even the 6 cylinder cars have over 300 hp, so no biggie.

Then we saw a few that really looked good that were SS's and in the high teens for prices. Ok, no problem. And her brother has a 2011 2SS convertible that she said was her "dream car" so we checked to see if he wanted to sell. Not just out of the blue, he has made rumblings about selling it. But he decided to hold onto it for now. No problem, there are others like it available.

So now we are looking at cars in the low $20's. We got a nice down payment with the sale of her car and another car still up for sale. So now we are sniffing around cars from 2013-15 and I check on what the 6th generation cars are selling for. Surprisingly I found a few nice 2017 convertible SS cars for just a few thousand over what a comparable 2011 was at. Apparently the dealers are trying to get the last remaining used convertibles off the lots before fall and the new 2019's come out because we were finding some at the wholesale price.

We got a sweet deal on this 2017 1-SS and it's an amazing car. We both love it. The new 6.2 has 455 hp and pulls like a freight train. Rides nice, gets unbelievable gas mileage (almost 28 mpg on the trip home at 75 mph). And the new convertible top operation is really cool. Has a built in cover piece, no snap in parts or anything. Just push the button on the remote key fob and about 15 seconds later it's down and ready to go.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote