View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #29
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

First fire today! WOOOOO!

Got a fuel leak on the top of the tank! BOOOO (of course it's there, couldn't be anywhere else, right?)

Got my cooling fans mounted up... I had a set of 93 firebird fans and shroud and had a lead on some aftermarket shrouds that would work, but the further along I'm getting the cheaper I'm getting.

So I went to Lowes and picked up two pieces of 36" 3/4x3/4 angle, and made an elevated lower bracket, since the shroud was 3" too small.

Then simply drilled some holes in the second piece to secure the top.

Seems to hold pretty secure for now, until someday when I want a proper setup.

Topped off some fluids, cycled the key a few times to allow the pump to prime properly, and cranked. It fired so quick it actually spooked me, haha! Let it run for a few seconds (still just have open manifolds) and shut it down to check for leaks. I'm getting some light fuel spray at the top of the tank, so I wonder if the compression -6AN fittings didn't seal properly. Guess the tank's coming down again.

Also, the fuel sender doesn't seem to be operating. I put in about 4 gallons in a 20 gallon tank and it's still reading E. So gotta chase that issue. Right now the back tires are up on ramps, and the front down, so maybe the fuel is all just sitting in the front. Hope that's all it is.

I'm happy to report that the stock 2001 oil pressure sensor seems to work just fine wired to my 85 cluster. Was low for the first second then jumped to about 50psi.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD

Last edited by TrybalRage; 06-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote