View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #34
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

Another junkyard run. Picked up a transmission cooler:

And found a cluster from a 95 S10. Taking inspiration from LS1NOVA's idea.

Took out the trip meter since my face plate doesn't have the holes for it. Also adjusted the odometer to match the one coming out of the truck. Since it has the extra 100k digit, I also moved the numbers over slightly to better align with the hole in the speedo face.

Marked the section of the plastic I wanted to keep, and cut it out using a dremel.

Drilled two holes in the plastic to allow the original screws to be used, but also added some hot glue to the back for good measure.

Needed to cut a rather large hole to allow room for the unit. I'll have to come up with a solution for the bulb holes/locations. Also needed to notch quite a bit into the light passage for the high beams. But I tried to close it off some with electrical tape before installing the speedo.

Gauge re-mounted. I had to cut the stems off the 95 needle and glue it to the back of the 85 needle to mount on the gauge motor.

Gauges will be direct wired since the printed circuit no longer fits.

I also used the temp gauge from the 95, since I've heard that in a swap the factory temps are often off by quite a bit. I screwed that one up a little, I got some glue on the face and the stuff I used to clean it off was a little too strong and started taking the paint off... oops. Learning experience.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote