View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #442
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Or, do a roll-bar so you have anchor points & have your boom-box idea incorporated into the cage structure as part of it's mounting structure. Skip the pass-through idea. Plate & gusset the cab as required for proper roll-bar anchoring.

That combo won't stiffen the chassis (make it better) but it would offer/increase 'roll-over' protection but even then your head can hit the hoop which defeats the purpose. This is why street cars should not have cages.... because you're not wearing an approved helmet on the street like you are @ the track.
Great points.
This is exactly what i was talking about earlier in my little rant. This is the best example of how to respond to a crazy idea that i had but in a very constructive way! So I really appreciate you for that. You saved me from a major mistake and did so in a constructive way.

i swear i owe a few of you on here a drink or two some day... LOL

I am going to get the seats mounted and test fitted and see what i have to work with after that. Then go with idea on roll bar or maybe just a Harness bar, or maybe no bar....

Last edited by 88Stanger; 12-10-2020 at 11:08 AM.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote