View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #16
warrpath4x4

Re: starting them young 1972 K5

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

this morning i came into the shop and pulled the suburban in, pulled the engine and all wiring, the visor, and the cowl induction hood off. guy came and picked up the hood and another guy (of course at the same time) showed up and bought the engine. +500 for the blazer budget.

then i pulled the blazer in, i knew i had to level it out before i tried the jump wire on the distributor. because i know me and if it runs i want to drive it and it was kinda scary steering it with the front end so much higher and the steering out of adjustment.

heres what i pulled out of the front

and the shackle angle still sucks, but it is better

still sits about half an inch higher in the front than the rar but im fine with that because i am going to build a better front bumper and add my winch.

so then onto getting it running. i just hooked a jumper wire from the distributor to the battery and had it held on by a clip. she started and ran for about 5 seconds (still need to set the timing). so i got some wire, in-line fuse, and an aircraft switch (i already had all of it). there was already a hole in the lower dash below and next to the ignition switch, so i just mounted the switch there, hooked it all up, and she fires right up as soon as you hit the key........ and the switch lol.

i have to thank diesel4me for helping with the electrical issue.