Thread: new doors?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
alblogg

Re: new doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I installed everything myself and I have never done any kind of work like this before, so I'm sure a true "bodyman" could do a lot better than I did.

They do require some work though, the window frames had to be pulled out almost a 1/2" and I also enlared all of the fender mounting holes for easier adjustment. The hood and cowl gap you see was no different than when I had my stock fenders on the truck.

There's a lot more pics of the parts install on my build thread page in my signature.

I am satisfied with how everything looks and turned out. Keep in mind as well that back then from the factory the parts for these trucks had a 3/8 inch +/- tolerance for parts!!!! That's atrocious by todays standards!
I have put on aftermarket doors,fenders,hoods and front end and I have put on the same from GM,Ford,Mopar,and some of the others. I have had to take a rubber hammer, plasma cutter and a mig welder to just as many factory as aftermarket. This day and time the companies just don't care about quality anymore. why spend $500 for a hood when I can get you one for half that paint it put it on your car and since you already had it appraised for the $500 hood after your insurance deductible sometimes you have money to put in your pocket for a change.
Tuner,Viper
'88 K1500 Cheyenne, 5.0, stock, bought new
'86 Nissan 720 Trash Truck
'69 C/10 step side, 307, all original, second owner, in process of restore.

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrurt the person doing it.
Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Allen- Paintman
Wrenchtwister
Broompusher
alblogg is offline   Reply With Quote