View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 09:28 PM   #1125
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Well guys, it has been a while since I have posted anything....
I have been slowly getting cabin-fever over the winter months, and finally decided that I am going to start building/installing a sound system into the '66.
I am planning to do this without cutting up anything...In fact I am trying to keep it somewhat hidden in the sense that that you may need to look closely in order to notice it...

I am going to start with building of the subwoofer/amp box while I do some more research on the direction that I will take for the rest of the system.
A few weeks back, I went up to where the truck is stored and took some measurements, then I started to draw the box up in Solidworks so that I could optimize material usage. I thought that it was going to take a lot more material than what it actually did!
Here are some pics of cutting the speaker/amplifier openings in one of the CNC mills at the shop...

And here is a pic of the front panel with the amplifier opening, and the rest of the material all cut up and ready to assemble. The intentions are to assemble the box with screws, then disassemble & cut the front panel into 3 pieces (with perfect gaps) then re-assemble using glue and screws.

....Skipping some of the steps, what is pictured here is the glued & screwed, radiused & sanded, box with the removable amp cover missing...The cover is getting painted to match the interior color....

Keep posted for more pics on a even-more regular basis! LOL!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote