View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #429
Clarance J

Re: Just another old truck.

Hey Kees. No filter in carb. The carb is the Edelbrock 1406. I just have the one filter between fuel pump and carb.

dsraven, Not a problem. Old cracked fuel line almost cost me my truck years ago. One night leaving the drive in I started smelling gas and before I could stop and check under the hood the smoke started rolling out the fenders. It really flared up when I did open the hood. No fire extinguisher. I was trying to beat the flames out with a rag and I was loosing. It was my lucky night because just then a tow truck came around the corner. Seeing the flames the driver pulled his truck up to mine and used his extinguisher. All the stuff on top of the motor was burned and most of the wires were now crispy, the hood had a big blister and the motor was covered with white powder. The driver was headed home after a call. I wasn't going anywhere so the driver turned his truck around ,hooked my truck up and towed me home about 10 miles away. Charged me 35 dollars for the extinguisher and the tow. I was more than happy to pay that.

Earl