View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #30
blue1969camaro

Re: '80 C10 drag truck project

I saw that truck too. I love the pro touring and pro street trucks, they defy what everyone else is doing with small light cars.
Made some more progress, the engine is complete just waiting on valve covers and a water pump pulley. And one of those ugly blue motors to get off the dyno so I can break it in and get some power numbers.
I also made half of my rear frame and started filling unneeded holes in the frame. Tuesday I'm going to pick up more 2x3 and round tube to finish the rear frame then I need to stop procrastinating and work on the body. I really don't have the patience for body work but nobody will see it once its on so I just need to get it done.
Its hard to tel but the 2x3 is in the frame and notched around the ladder bar crossmember then another small piece was cut at an angle to make the square edge and provide a little support. I can tell its stronger than the OEM frame already, if I lift the back of the new frame the whole back end lifts with very little twist.

Also my buddy gave me this fiberglass fender. It has a few cracks on the lower edge, but it doesn't look like its ever been installed. There is no markings on it though and I need to know a manufacturer so I can find an match. Who made fiberglass fenders for these trucks?

blue1969camaro is offline   Reply With Quote