View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1161
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Looks great man!! I did not like the blue but it has grown on me--a lot. I like it now--especially with all of the silicone hose. The green belt clashes though. And WTH is the deal with the orange fan hub?? What do you think about a blue thermostat housing instead of black?? Too much?? Might be cool.

Nice job on the turbo setup and being able to use the stock evaporator case. I had a time clearing the case with ONE stock turbo and you spiked the ball and cleared it with two big un's. Good show!!
Thanks. It was a tight fit for sure. The fan hub is a touchy issue. I robbed the fan hub from this to put on my corvette because I put the one from the corvette on a customer's truck. I sold my diesel tach cluster for cash and a dodge cummins 94-02 fan hub. The problem is that the guy sent me a industrial fan hub. So that brings us to the orange fan hub. The bearing in it is toast and I'm trying to find a shop that can press in a new bearing. I'm having issues finding some one that will do it. I don't have the tooling, and I really don't want to brake one, so yeah. Until I get the 2 fan hubs I just purchased a few weeks ago, the orange one is going to have to work until I get the others. I also think if I get an intercooled first gen hub, I might be able to put a mech fan on it. IDK though.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote