View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 03:54 PM   #361
MikeB

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
Just to prove that the government is listening to you and cares what you think:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...to-be-electric
So, bottom line is President Biden no longer wants to give us a choice based on our budgets and driving habits. "Comrade, you will buy electric and like it!"

I think used car sales will take off again, even more than during Covid. What's that going to do for American jobs in the automotive sector?

I'm still not convinced these activists politicians understand how electrical power is generated. Although I think California is beginning to face the reality of needing to build more natural gas and, heaven forbid, nuclear power plants. Then again, they can always mandate wind turbines and solar panels on every building, and banks of lithium ion batteries for calm, cloudy days.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!