Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #59
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Mark,
If you can get a drawing of the part you want, I bet I can take care of you. I was going to ask about your tranny. It's a 2wd model right? You may be better off buying a 4x4 model? I think it may be cheaper than having the 2wd model modified? not too sure about that one. I thought the 4x4 has a different output shaft?

Mike..

Yes mine is a 2wd.. it really doesn’t make a difference. I have to change the rear shaft in the transmission to get the correct length of shaft and spline count… I can do that without much problem. I have ordered the correct tail shaft and adapters need for this swap. The original factory adapter that fits between the transmission and the transfer case has to have .625 machined off of the face of it. See the link below (Bottom of 2nd page in link):
http://www.advanceadapters.com/downloads/50-0405.pdf
I think I could use some cut off wheels and get it cut down, but I am not sure. If it is something you think I can help me with I will put together some pictures and drawings and then maybe come and met you to show you exactly what I need.

Thanks..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote