View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #14
drivethechevy

Re: Your Trucks Past History

my 68 k10 has had a rough life although i dont know much about it, it was bought brand new in pipestone mn, then it was resold at somepoint at a dealership in brrokings south dakota, it was parked in the 80's, then bought in 96 when repair work was start, it got new rockers cab corners, a new/used steel bed, and new used steel doors, lots of suspension work was done,it was driven till 03 when more work was done, engine was pulled and interior lost the gauge cluster, new front suspension was put in and t-case rebuilt in 04 then the owner got into drugs bad and sold the truck to his father in law, who went bankrupt in 06 and a freind bought the truck to help him out, the truck sat in a yard till last month when i resureted it, i found the truck on a cragslist add no pictures just a truck year, price, said it was decent condition with no motor and that a trade may be possible, i eamailed on the add asking for pics and what kind of trade the guy was looking for, reply came 2 weeks later with pics saying that he was a dodge fan and would trade for a dodge, so me and my dad loaded up an old dodge i had bought,a friday and saturday off of work and a 500 mile round trip and the truck came home with me, its getting a new life with a half resto untill i am done with college and can fund a full resto, the truck is a 1968 chevy k10 cst with factory ac and tint, originaly powered by a 327 attatched to a sm-465 4 speed and a rockwell 221 t-case with original dana44 and dana 60 axles it had loads of other options but there all long gone, exepct for the factory oil bath air cleaner

1971 chevy k10 custom deluxe
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341257
1968 chevy k/10 fleet
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334731
1948 desoto custom coupe fluid drive(family heirloom)
drivethechevy is offline   Reply With Quote