View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #81
Cautrell05

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEEP View Post
Mr. Tucker,
What good does you comment do for this thread. If you want to know why he chose an Envoy then ask why did you choose an Envoy. Your comment in my opinion is trolling and can be done without.

THANKS BRITNJC. Mr. Tucker: 1st, the Envoy is IMO the next level from the S10 conversion. The wheelbase and chassis should fit well. The '300hp' is an upgrade from the 270 cu splasher I6 my GMC had in it originally, and there are lots of upgrades I can purchase for a late model motor. Handling? never expected my truck to be a sportscar, why would you? And who goes fourwheelin in an SUV, DIDN'T YOU SEE THE MUD? AND if I wanted something to handle and have lots of power, I'd buy a new Camaro or Corvette. Or I'd go for a drive in the 2008 TBSS I already own!! (and probably get smoked by a grandma in a new Camaro) (OH, and its spelled rIdiculous)
Thought I would chime in on this one as I see one angle that no one has mentioned. Whats the curb weight on a stock envoy. Not the gvw on the door tag but if you roll it across a scale what does it weigh in at. How much does it weigh now after the cutting. Im willing to bet that even after putting the 52 body back on and full interior its several hundred pounds lighter than stock. And because alot of that weight is up high its going to corner better. Both of those are going to make it faster and handle better without trying.

The 02+ t chassis used on the trailblazers and envoys is so much better than the s-10. Way better front end geometry, rack and pinion steering, better brakes. Im on my second traiblazer now and my only complaint on this one is that it has 3.42 gears. Extended trailblazers with 3.42s are kinda poochy on 60 mph hilly roads. Other than that im looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Nick
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote