Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #1946
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
Since there aren't a lot of questions...start from the start and ask about the frame.i love the modification you did to the rear frame rails or your back rail kit, that raises the spring perch 4 inches. I love how you pied /stretched the stock frame that's just smart and dirty! But...Would it be as effective or in some way "off" if you didn't recess the front crewmember or use a wide ride? I guess I was wondering if the overall measurements and or the overall design was based upon them working front and rear? My truck is so low (cool) that I effectively removed all the suspensions ability. Your rear end is really smart and pretty easy in the grand scheme of things! Real hot rodding! Any chance of a link or brief explenation of how to recess the crossmember? Really apreciate and enjoy this information. Makes you want to go racing!
Yes, we could have used a WideRide or raised the front, or used the normal spindle/spring drop in front. While the two ends work together, there is more than one way to skin a cat. When it comes to handling performance, matching the roll centers ft/rr makes a difference. For cruising, you won't notice it much. Raising the front crossmember is easy. Unbolt it, cut a notch in the bottom of the frame 1 1/2" up, (while you're at it move the crossmember forward some to center the wheel) and weld it back in. New motor mounts and a notch for the oil pan will be needed.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote