View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #875
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Vintage picture thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You post the greatest pictures, but never with text and that sucks. We enjoy a little information here

Funny, what I noticed was the car turning in front of it being the only '50s car in the picture. Never did pay any heed to those goofy "birds"

They looked out of place then and now and always. They really were out of place on the track. They really stretched the rules on that one. Production car
I remember back in Norfolk VA back in the 80's there was someone who worked at a security guard company that drove a Daytona to work every day. I only saw it driving once but I wasn't close enough to see who was driving it.
It was primer gray with new stickers on the wing. Those headlight covers hadn't weathered very well though. They were very warped.
The day I reported for duty in Groton CT on the cab ride from the airport to the base we passed a sublime green one parked next to a garage with 3 foot high weeds around it. The next day I hopped in a cab and told the driver I wanted to try and find a car I had seen the day before. So the cab driver drove me around for about an hour until we found where it was. Was is the key word. In the 24 hours or so since I had passed by it someone had pulled it from alongside the garage. It looked like it had been parked there for years and I missed it by one day. That was 1981. Okay enough Mopar talk.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote