View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 10:41 PM   #20
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cag17
First of all in Tony's defense...
Setting aside the name calling for a moment, the statements you have made in your post are not very accurate. And I'm not sure who you are in this business transaction except for the guy whose truck got more attention than mine.

First, while I did attempt some work on the cab myself, I asked Tony once he had the cab in front of him to tell me what it would take to fix. He told me, quoted me a price, and said he could do it. I gave him carte blanche to fix it as he saw fit (given that he had presented himself as the expert).

As for the paint job, your comment re "outstanding paint job" is downright absurd. The truck is right in front of me. If this is an outstanding paint job, I'm afraid a lesser "production" paint job would have been done with a roller with a half-inch nap and a can of latex paint from Home Depot. Either that or you didn't actually see the paint job. I'm guessing the latter.

As for the cab riding in a Ranger, my thanks again to Bob-- Old Rusty C10 (he's the guy you're sarcastically referring to as 'brilliant'). I have absolutely no complaints about how the cab was transported back to me. There were a couple of small rub spots on the bottom rear of the cab that were inevitable regardless of how it would have been carried. Bob's ability to get the thing here without getting it beat up is a testament to his professionalism... and I rather doubt that the orange peel, dry spray, misaligned panels, etc., were a result of the truck being in the bed of a Ranger. Maybe I'm wrong there... Bob? Did your Ranger cause these bodywork problems?

And one more thing for now... maybe you can ask Tony why the roof chop is not level. A quick tape measure from the rear glass opening to the body line on the back of the cab shows that something's off by 3/8" or more. I'll put a tape to more locations when I get a chance. Maybe it's just the factory body line that's off. Or maybe Bob moved the body line while he was transporting it.

cag17, I'd be interested to hear your motive in all this. I'll tell you what mine is (or, rather, what it's not)... I'm not trying to beat Tony down on price. I've already paid him in full. I'm not trying to get him to do the job faster. I've already got the cab back (after a year). Frankly, I'd rather it had been a professional quality job. I'd have no reason to share any horror story with anyone here, and I'd be a happy camper, working on installing my new cab.

Any other ideas you'd like to share?
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote