View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
Rokcrln

Re: Rocker replacement 101

Then I like to cut inbetween the sopt welds because a piece of metal with ten spot welds is very stronge but one piece with one spot weld will almost fall off with alittle help More cutting but alot less beating or driling. I have used spot weld removers before and I still do for some jobs but this is not one of them. So after you sluce between the welds just take a prybar and remove the middle sections. Then a quick hit with the grinder and the spot weld go away! Next on the threshold sill I mard out the sopt welds and cut between them but not all the way. Make sure you do not just chop at this because you will cut right thru the floor and cause more work. In this case my inner rocker was fine so I wanted to save it. Once you cut most of the way thru this area take a pair of pliars and bend the carpet lip back. You will be surprised how easy this will come loose. I have had several original rockers that were not even welded alont this top edge, talk about easy!
Then take a grinder and remove any bump left over from a spot weld and clean the area up with a wire wheel or grinding disk before you paint it with a rust proof spray.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images