View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #121
Bull72

Re: Some guys have skills and some have bills

It was a good day for "the beast"! We fired her up for the first time in 2-3 months now (after draining and changing out the fuel) it had been sitting on a full tank for a few months and went bad. We also had to charge up the battery before it would turn over.

The inline fuel filter on the carb and all the hoses are "mocked up", I say mocked up because I decided to get the chrome upper and lower radiator hoses. For now we put some water in the radiator and wired the electric fans in (they worked great by the way). We are going to need to adjust the belts, pulleys, and upper alternator bracket a bit more so it fires up perfectly.

I also had these yellow wires for the test fire, but I have some gray wires and we are going to "hide" the wires a bit so the engine can be seen more easily. We are going to wire the front 2 wires through/under the manifold to the dist and the back 2 wires behind the heads in the back so you can't see them as much. The gray color should help them be a bit more hidden.

Took pictures of the new trans cooler and radiator overflow bolted in. also the new battery tray all bolted in and snug =)

here are my updated pics thus far....
Attached Images

My mini build (I had a great starting point)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=440743

Last edited by Bull72; 08-27-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Bull72 is offline   Reply With Quote