View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #437
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Right.......

Caravan conundrum plays out thus.

Cardiac event last week, a timely warning, reminder that you get one chance really.

Saturday morning, Sally asks me if she can help me with rebuilding the Red Truck, she has been pushing me since day one, despite all the distractions I created or experienced

So I say yes, that would be awesome but winter is here, my garage is filled with stiff..... gotta love her: “Well, let’s clear some space, then you can weld and prime all the smaller bits over winter.

No. But. Yes. But. No. But..... I start........ In winter the garage temperature is between 3-7’C so too cold to spend time down there, and certainly not warm or dry enough to paint.

Then I get the clever idea of posting up on my local area FB group that I am looking for a FREE or CHEAP two/three berth caravan.
Remember, there is one already parked up, stripped back and painted magnolia a few years ago, filled with truck parts and scooter panels.
Less than 10 minutes after posting up my request, there is an offer.......
You have seen the pics by now.
It is mucky, messy, pretty dead, but it’s free, well, the price is two pork pies and a lump of cheese.
BARGAIN

SO THE IDEA IS TO GUT THE CARAVAN, PRESSURE CLEAN INSIDE, PAINT IN WHITE EMULSION, FIT LIGHTS, EXTRACTION SYSTEM AND USE AS A WELDING, GRINDING, PAINTING BOOTH THROUGH WINTER FOR SMALLER PARTS FROM THE ‘66 C10

It will be parked outside the garage, in front of the main door, which can still be opened.

If I could find a small roller shutter door to fit to the rear where the window is smashed out with the help of Mr Sawzall, in order to get bigger stuff in than what the regular door will let in, that would be cool too. I did look for a piece of checker plate ally at the scrapyard today, none to be found.

I can heat the caravan within 15 minutes with an oil heater, then work as long as I need possibly with the heater on low. My woodwork shed is like that.

Sally can keep me company, learn to weld, grind, paint, make tea, sandwiches and pick up,any limbs I may hack off, on the way to hospital, but most importantly having her there will be great.

Caravan purpose now cleared up. I guess.

.................................................................................................... ......................................................

So at the same time as this thing kicked off:

Free From another forum..... as my hoist did not have one.

Engine balancer bar.

Will be great for refitting the motor in the C10, kinda like a sign.

Will be recovered it from Cambridge in exchange for a welder and possibly the fridge from the small caravan once gutted, from mate “Sparkplug’s” place.

Of course, this blood pressure thing and it’s associated issues means that stuff even now just does not happen as fast as anticipated, or as I want it to. I find that I do less, slower than before.

But as Ta2Don always said “Progress is Progress”

So clearing a load of clutter, scrap metal from the drive and garage has to happen first.

One bike trailer sold to CraigRK, some Chevy alloys passed on to a friend, whose steel wheels are on the C10, other items to be sold or skipped etc.

Current driveway and garage Status.

Harley is chuffed the garage is open again. Straight in she went to inspect

This was my welding table.

Yup, truck still waiting in here.

Some may know that I have had a new lodger since August.
He happens to be a builder, and lecturer at college.

So the plan is to employ him while all this is going on, to break down the most of this wall which got broken by a fir tree that I planted too close to it. Tree will be drilled and poisoned to stop further damage, but ivy or some creeper encouraged to cover it.

The curved Wall will get moved back from existing space by 600mm and a tighter curve created, while I am going to put up an 8 plus foot galvanised post in advance of a carport that will go up some time.

So there you have it.

Caravan conundrum clarified.

Chevy C10 back on track too, Sally said so.

There is another couple of changes, events, things happening in the background but they will be exposed as they happen.

Bedtime now me thinks
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote