Thread: 72 K30 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 AM   #1100
7dee2

Re: 72 K30 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
I'm jealous now. The car I got my senior year of high school was a 69 Camaro. Dated my wife in it, then she totaled it after we were married. Always wanted another 69. Waited so long that now you can't find one for a reasonable price and I couldn't see it being my first restoration so I started with less expensive trucks to get over all the learning curves. I've still got my 59 Apache to do before I think about a Camaro. At the rate I get my trucks built, a rusted out hulk of a 69 Camaro will be $30K by the time I can get to it

Please do a thread for yours - I'd love to follow that build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Brett, that will be awesome! I had a 69 Camaro once and sold it like a fool. I still check CL for muscle cars at least once a month. (Like I need more projects)
Quote:
You aren't too far off there. There's a parts yard near me that has a few first gen Camaros and he wants $4k for a bare shell with a title. And they're rusted out turds. He has a 68 Firebird with no title, half rusted out for $1500. I just shook my head and told him he is smoking something illegal.

Brett, please do a build thread in the alternate tinkerings area so we can follow along. I'm sure it will be sweet after seeing you build the K30!
Glad to hear you guys would like to see another build thread from me, I will start something in the alternate tinkerings area soon and post a link. When we bought the 67 it was down to it, or a 69 RS 4 speed that was less $$$, but had front end damage and had been stored outside in a field for years (it was rotten, with a bent front subframe, a true 69 RS!).

Quote:
I wasn't trying to say I thought you were fussing too much about your flat bed. I was discouraged for you. That was a real mess for sure. You're not alone though. I know another member on here from New Mexico who had similar issues and a long wait for his flat bed from I believe Bradford built. It's always something.
I know you weren’t, that was a very nice compliment you gave, no worries Ryan it’s always something! I was getting really, really frustrated several times over going through that process, trying hard not to absolutely go off! All done now and worth the aggravation in my book, pleased with how everything turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Very nice!! and cool next project!
Thanks Mike, I'm excited about starting on another project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey Brett, that thing is looking nice, very nice. I hope my project will look as nice if it is ever finished!

it has been cool to follow you in this build!
Keep it up my friend!
Thanks Scott, I'm sure it will and looking forward to see you finish it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waco View Post
Brett:
Congratulations on completing your build. I want to thank you for all the great details & pictures that you provided.

I have been collecting parts & pieces for the last 5 years to start my '70 4x4 project and your information has been invaluable to my collecting. I will be using many of your ideas & methods during my build.

Again, thank you for such a detailed build thread. I know it will be great help to many in the future, including myself.

Andy
Very nice of you to say Andy, thank you I appreciate it!

OK, so I lied, didn’t (couldn't ) wait clear until the weekend, a few days ago I took some back roads to go see a friend of mine about finishing up the exhaust. By the time I got back it had over 30 miles on the clock and decided it was time. Stuck a fuse in the GVOD digi brain thing-o and went out hoping for some OD magic, guess what? No OD magic, but since I was out heading for the highway anyway decided to try it. Success, 60 mph with just a little bit of vibration, not too bad. Came back after that bit of excitement grabbed the GVOD book and found out that ding dong (that’s me ) hadn’t turned it on. Apparently, it needs to be turned on to work, who knew! Let’s try that again, hey, hey, it started shifting into OD this time. Went back up on the highway and went right up to 70 mph, really smooth and only turning about 2500 rpm, sahweet! Up to a whopping 43.3 miles on the odometer!

And yes there's more, yesterday afternoon took Mrs. 7dee2 to go snag a book shelf and did a very short video. https://youtu.be/j9J44GDEPWk
72 Cheyenne/K30 Super 133" DRW SOLD Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645614
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@6dee7-7dee2
7dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote