View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #15
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Impala SS Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What do you recommend for the prop valve when adding the Impala rear discs?
Well not having completed an install myself, I can't make a recommendation from experience. However I do like the tuneability of having an adjustable valve on the rear line. There seems to be a few different combinations that work for those that are running 4 wheel discs. Some have good luck with the disc/drum prop valve and an adjustable for the rear. Some switch to a specific disc/disc prop valve with good results. And others use only an adjustable valve for the rear. I believe that the different bore sizes of master cylinders as well as the piston size of the calipers used plays a role in what works as valving in a given brake system.

With that said,as for the Impala rear brake conversion, I think I might recommend seriously looking at the components that GM used on the Impala for a start. Although the weight bias of a pickup is likely to be a bit different than an Impala. Also the weight bias from one pickup to another will be different in how the truck was built. This is mainly why I believe an adjustable proportion valve is beneficial to the brake system.

BTW Scot, how did that booster bracket work out for you?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote