View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #67
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowtruk View Post
"Boosters with this pattern are commonly found on S10's and full size pickups, Suburbans, Blazers and Tahoes from 1988 to at least 1998."

I see this statement and have some Q's.

1. So I take it I need a booster from these years? Also, a master cylinder from any of these years and applications?
You do not have to use the master that came on the booster you are going to use. Most GM dual reservior master cylinders will bolt up. I would recommend using one that is close in application to what you are using the rest of the braking system from

Quote:
2. The only other thing needed for this installation (besides your bracket) is to couple the rods together?
That and a proportioning valve, and run your brake lines.

Quote:
3. Dumb question but where does the vaccum hose coming from the booster attach to on the engine?
You will need to connect it to manifiold vacuum on your engine. Where that may be depends on what engine you are running

Quote:
Then I'd just have to run my brake lines and then Ill have power brakes?
You will have to bleed the brake system, then yes you should have power brakes.

Quote:
I'm sending you a PM about your power steering bracket we talked about in the other thread yesterday.
I returned your PM
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote