Thread: News Flash!!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Re: News Flash!!

While I appreciate what Greenlight is doing with producing more 'replica-like' quality scale models, they could really use a proper GM Truck consultant. They frustrate me with getting them 'almost right' or completely wrong. I go to a farm toy shop in Feb and a guy there sells the GL stuff. He has a shop in VA, I guess a hobby shop, and has worked with GL to produce some of their 67-72 issues. The red and white with cap version called Pop's Ride or whatever was his own dad's truck... which turned out well. But others, like the darker blue & white Midnight 'something' version that he took part in are not close to any GM color. When I mentioned, as just another buyer at a show, that's it's a shame GL doesn't get the colors right, that they need an expert consultant, he didn't want to heaar it. Said the colors are spot on. The hobby shop is a side business. Th main business is a Mustang restoration shop. Go figure. Rather than challenge the guy I shook my head, bought a couple trucks, and moved on

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote