Thread: Model Kits
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: Model Kits

You built great models, Kurt. I really like the realistic looking patina. You nailed it. I've been collecting but will get into building before it's all over. I need to get some less valuable later issues. I bought the ones that came out around 1990 like 3757 built (and the red GMC Fenderside) but now those I feel are too old to tear into. I probably will build some og those, though, when I get back into it. I also want to build some phantom 67-72 promos... do OEM colors that were never done. There were two colors for each year and I have them all. I used to hate it when other kids would build their kits w/o using a stitch of paint. To me it wall about the painting as much as building. Now here I am wanting to use only the body color to paint everything but the chrome. But that's a promo!

One of my all time favorite kits from when I was young was the original AMT 3 in 1 '49 Ford Club Coupe. Yesterday I went to a swap meet and there one was with a box that looked fantastic. Talk about nostalgia! It has a built car still all together, which is as amazing. The unused decals are slipped into the perfect instructions, the unused chrome pieces are perfect, no fade, and still on the sproul. The rest of the parts in a zip-loc. Got it for $20
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote