Old 12-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #782
flips72

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
couple more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Congrats on the new truck, looks pretty clean.
A new shop for parking............ that right there is something I could use.Glad Im not the only one having things follow me home.

Will be keepin a look out for the new build thread.
cant wait to start the new shop so I can get started on the wifes truck, as far as them following me home I think its a sickness
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
now I know where all the bbw short fleetsides are going! going good

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
Congrats on the new truck! It looks pretty darn solid, & I'm looking forward to the build. Are you surprising the wife, or does she know what the new project is for?
thanks and by the way still praying for your family hoping your dads doing better. she knows and is rather excited, don't tell anyone but that's how im getting the new shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Flip,
I cannot believe how nice that truck is!
Looks like it has more dust on it than anything else!
How the heck did you come across it?
What is the story on the other? Did you get both?
I thought that you were gonna do a muscle car for your wife!
You are killin' me right now. I wish that I had done the BBW conversion on mine!
the truck is extremely solid and came with a ton of parts, all new in the packs gm nos side moulding, one of the nicest aluminum grills I have ever seen before, 2 tailgates one original another new in the box, even a brand new in the box sliding rear glass which I will never use but was still kinda neat, gm nos rubber for the cab, 3 sets of custom cab sail panels, its already 5 lug power disc brakes, power steering and the list goes on, should be a fairly quick build I hope. as far as were I found it one of my buddies at church told me his brother had one he was thinking of selling and the rest is history. the truck behind it is a 66 bbw I was going to lighten up as much as possible and see if I could get it in the low 6 second range (1/8 mile). the wife decided it would be pretty to cool to have his and hers 65 trucks and I was happy happy happyyour truck is awesome with the small window I think, I wouldn't change a thing if I were you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnova View Post
Bump! For more of flips coolness.
not sure about the cool factor, but thanks for the bump.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote