View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #1327
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sub View Post
That poster is hilarious The mini piston and connecting rod are cool too. I'll have to think of a way to use one on my project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I love all the treasures you find ,especially the piston key ring ,Im going to borry that idea . As always I love your threads and adventures .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Cool finds, especially the little piston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Awesome score all the way around...

Keyring is spot-on!!!

Thanks guys, they take way too much time to get out as modern stuff is built not to be maintained.

Still, great little conversation piece.

The second one was better, but I nicked the Conroe twice with the grinder as its crank case was a sealed unit.

Well, both Bootfairs were a bust, they were on, but all I managed to get was one small vintage Butlins holiday camp peanut plate for Nicola @£1.50 which is more than double what I would normally pay, but she grew up with the Butlins holiday camps and will be going there next weekend with a group of her school mates.

Carburettors from the chainsaws added in pic.

Plate is smaller than a Victorian saucer.

I am often appalled at what gets tossed, so much new stuff.
Yesterday there was a load of heavy duty Dexian shelving and framework, all obviously new......

Still, I will continue to exploit other people's stupidity and glut, to feed my own habits. Every time I get something free, and can pass it on, or use it myself, it releases money to go into my mortgage. Easy.

I did buy some 16mm spindles for the bench polisher on EBay last night.

So hopefully those will be here this week too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote