View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
Peanutbutter
Account Suspended

Re: Bringing home 69 Pete

I went to slip a set of aluminum wheels on the front to see what it would look like and discovered the studs are to short, I decided it looked a lot better with the original steel wheels. The aluminum wheels can stay on the 79 truck. I-40 was the way to go, when we came over Donner empty the pot holes were so deep I thought it was going to knock the axles out from under the trailer and to many to dodge them, even having to pull grape vine it was alot better than Donner, and besides we had never been to Quartzite before and we really needed some sunshine. As far as the old dodge its starting to show its age. 340000 miles, the 12 valve cummins has never been opened up,gone through a 5 speed trans, a tranfercase and always have lots of trouble with front wheel bearings and steering parts. The only thing I really like about it is the engine but its still done well for what it is, and we have made at least 6 trips to the midwest and came back grossing 28 to 30000. If it wasn't for the exhaust brake I would never try and haul that much weight and its a real brake saver, just put the secound set of brakes on it since we've owned it. More pics of Pete tonight.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote