Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #259
slimneverdies

Re: 75 Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
Slim, The whole front end is stock 1 ton stuff. The main modification was moving the ball joint angle on the top arms. The other was moving the whole front end assembly forward 1.25" to clear the firewall, and center the wheel in the opening. When this truck is layed out it is on the cross member so no turning at that height can be done realistically. However when it is at ride height I can turn it lock to lock with no issues. And when I mean ride height I don't mean the thing is jacked up in the air, it is only a couple inches off the ground at that time.

I was told the same thing that you mention above that the 3/4 ton stuff and stretched arms were the only way to go, but when I mocked everything up with the 1 ton assembly I had no issues. I would like to throw some cautions into this discussion: 1. I heavily modified the AC unit at the firewall so it would not rub, 2. Moving the front end forward is better (I think) than tubing the firewall.

Hope that helps.
Yes that helps. I will achieve most of the front end changes that you made with the dropmember but I'll have to see what happens about the track width being taking in 1.25" on each side by it so fingers crossed...

Also I hear on duallyscene that with the 3/4 ton axle with four semis in the rear will fit under the stock fenders without any mods but you had to have yours shaved and you said it left you with 1/2" of space. I'm hoping these fit without having to shave them, I'm tired of messing with wheels
slimneverdies is offline   Reply With Quote