Thread: '63 Model B
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 02:04 AM   #83
wilcoxgarage

Re: '63 Model B

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
cool find for your friend ..what are his plans and will he join us with a build too...awesome work on the fenders and bumper
Not sure he wants to even start on it. He's got a few other projects that are cooler and aren't quite so far off.
And thanks!

I finally got around to getting it running. Exhaust was partly done, made a blockoff plate for the clutch linkage hole in the firewall, new single (brake only) master cylinder and some of the brake lines, cooling system, fuel, shifter and trans cooler. Took it for a short drive but shouldn't have. Throttle was sticky and with the angle I had the linkage set up at the first quarter inch of pedal travel was 3/4 throttle, the brakes weren't bled, the vacuum line wasn't run to the transmission-so first gear only, the battery was suspended from the frame with nylon rope, no seat; sitting on a box, and the turbo mufflers didn't really muffle much. Was fun though! I fixed most of the issues and added an additional muffler off of an '08 Dodge Ram P/U. Much quieter. I've ran it for a couple hours so far and it hasn't risen above 160°- big enough radiator for two engines.
Attached Images

wilcoxgarage is offline   Reply With Quote