View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Dagobah

Suspension kit for a weekend cruiser

I'm looking for a fairly all-inclusive suspension kit for a 69 pickup that won't be raced, or autocrossed or anything like that, and won't be used to tow anything. It's going to be a weekend cruiser, something like that.

Visually, the 3" front and 5" rear drops are about the best looking stance to me.

Here's the catch: I definitely do not want to notch the frame because of sentimental value.

I see people run that low, or even 4 and 6 without the notch, but I don't know how their roads are or how their ride is. I'd honestly rather get the 2.5/4 drop if a 3/5 can't be done without a harsh ride.

My brother and I have looked at quite a few places, Hotchkis, RideTech, QA1, CPP. I see that CPP has a kit that let's you configure how low you're going. I have read on the forum that their parts are of questionable quality. However, a lot of other companies use their parts.

I'm looking for spindles, disk brakes if possible, sway bars, control arms, trailing arms maybe, springs, shocks, and all the things that go along with a full restoration. I'm hoping I can get a better deal by buying most of it from one place and that all the parts are going to work with each other.

I mention the Hotchkis because I know they make quality stuff and do not require a frame notch, but it's quite expensive and their TVS kit doesn't include brakes, so that'd be an extra expense.

The other option is to wait for Holley to re-offer the ECE stuff, which they are going to do, but customer support couldn't tell me when.

Y'all let me know if you have recommendations/ideas
Dagobah is offline   Reply With Quote