View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 09:41 PM   #58
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: '72 Super Project: Updates!

Well, not the most productive week, just finally recovering from this sick bug. Worked on the bucket seats most of last week at night in the house. Discovered that one of the seats had two upper covers on it, kinda odd. The covers are from Cars Inc. I had ordered them a couple of winters ago, but with the wait time, they came in the middle of summer, so they were shelved with the intention of being a winter project. I added a layer of 3/4" foam to the bottoms, maybe needed more in a few spots, but they were a little difficult to work with, having the extra rods and clips in the middle to "shape" the indented portions. I didn't realize these were in there until I started disassembling. I ended up fishing pieces of thermostat wire through to pull the clips onto the rods, which worked good. A little time in the sun this summer and I'll think they'll work the wrinkles out. A little trickier than the large bench seats I've done before. Also got my speaker grills painted and a couple of other interior pieces since we had a little warmer weather.

I will be stuffing a small piece from the old seat covers into the small area where the seat back meets the seat bottom, for some reason, there just wasn't quite enough material in that area.

1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote