View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #193
OrrieG

Re: Project "Schrum" 1959 Gmc 100

See you are back at it, here are some comments.

1. Choke issue. Usually when it runs fine with choke closed but dies when you open the choke it is a vacuum leak. The additional air from the leak leans it out so it will not run. High idle with choke on disquises the problem. Get a vacuum gauge and hook it up you will find it is low and bouncing all over the place. Take starter fluid and spray around the manifold base, carb shaft, vac advance fittings, if the engine raises the rpm you have found the leak. If it is reading 16-18 on the vac gauge they it is another problem.

2. Tail light wiring. Since you are starting from scratch I would recommend using a trailer connector to connect the tail, turn and future back up lights to the front harness. Bonus is when you pull the bed you are just unplugging one thing. Just solder the connectors, cover with shrink wrap and you are good to go. I used them for my front turn signal grille, dash bezel and in the back too.

3. Generator to alternator swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=526547

4. Post a pic of the trans cover, don’t understand the throttle question. Sounds like it was changed out at some point.

And hello to D’ne good to see you back.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote