Thread: Fuel Tank Fun
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #19
herb101
Used Register

Re: Fuel Tank Fun

The saga continues...

Called around to Rad shop today and all of them will need to boil the old (trash) tank before they can do anything with it. Some "won't accept the liability of the work", some "don't do that kind of work", some are "just covered up right now". The ones that will do it want $45 to $75 bucks and all of them seem to be on the Southside or the industrial part of downtown (both an easy 30 minutes one-way) and they all close at 5 pm (I get off work at 5 pm).

Did I mention that I need to get this thing running for a road trip/fishing trip starting Saturday at 4am?

I figured I'd give it a try - looked up gas tank repair online - read horror stories about explosions and such. Basically, if you want to be able to count to ten when you're done - avoid it. Sounds like my kinda work!!

So anyway - I got the filler neck off the old tank tonight and got it cleaned and prepped for install. I'll drop the new tank after dinner and see if one of the closer shops can work me a better deal first thing in the AM without having to jack with the old tank.

Herb

Last edited by herb101; 10-11-2006 at 08:30 PM.