View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #17
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
For inspection: R&S automotive on 24 highway in Independence. Just east of William Chrisman High School. Very hot rod friendly.
Thanks, Chip. I've decided to take the easy (and cheap) way out and get a historic vehicle tag. No inspection required... just send them the paperwork and they send you a plate. The only downside is you're required to keep a log of all personal mileage. However, they exclude car related events and trips to repair shops which covers me almost completely.

I pulled the points out of the distributor to see why I was having trouble setting the dwell. Looks like the ignition was left on sometime in the past and the contact pad that's supposed to be on the wiper arm has welded itself to the base. Ordered a new one off eBay and should be back up and running in a day or two. Maybe by then the roads will be clear enough for a test drive. Had 5.3" of snow the other day and we've been staying in. Back in the day I couldn't wait to get out and do donuts. Now we just peer out the window and go, "Will ya look at that crap!"

Kathy has started decorating for Christmas and as I wheeled into the head for some relief yesterday, there was a new snowman sculpture on the tank. Finally had to turn it 180 degrees... couldn't go with them staring at me.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote