View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #31
JadXtreme

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Wow. Your truck is amazing. I'm encouraged to see that you perservered with your build. I've had my 55 2nd series for 1.5 years now and all I've been able to do with it is remove the front end and remove the bed and pull the 235 and 3 speed. It get's frustrating just seeing it in the back yard sitting there week end and week out but after going through your thread, I'm encouraged that it will eventually get done.

I like your whole Pontiac engine and drive train. I wish I would have gotten a Trans Am for my front clip donor because I heard it handled better than the Camaro clips but I made a pretty good profit from my Camaro anyhow. I plan to use a Oldsmobile 455 and a sm465 tranny. I know that my tranny isn't conventional because it's a truck tranny, but I got a good deal on it and I like the fact that it is practically bullet proof.

I've found a 55 or 56 that is a custom cab that I'm trying to get a hold of. If I get that truck, it's got so many more good parts than mine that I would make my 55 a parts truck and use that one. Hopefully I'll find a way to get it.